VBS 3 Integration using ASI interface
vsTASKER 6.1 provides a gateway to VBS3 using a LAN communication with a special plugin loaded by VBS.
Based on the ASI interface, vsTASKER will send VBS script commands and will receive update data for all entities running in the VBS simulation for synchronization. It is then possible to let vsTASKER handle some parts of a scenario while leaving VBS handling the platform dynamics, the line of sight, or the exchange fire and damages. vsTASKER will enable and disable the AI according to situations and time. The end user will gain flexibility and control while building a specific scenario.
Using vsTASKER, all the scripts commands and functions of VBS can be encapsulated into actions, tasks, logic of vsTASKER and attached to any scenario entity on a simple mouse click. When running the simulation, logic can be visually monitored in real-time.
Because vsTASKER simulation engine and the ASI plugin are disconnected, the scenario development is quick: every time vsTASKER SIM starts, VBS creates locally all platforms and units defined in the scenario, then wait for commands to be unfold through the ASI interface. When vsTASKER stops, all VBS platforms and units are removed.
- ASI interfacing for better independence
- Drag and drop of predefined logic
- Easy set up of a complex scenario without using scripts
- Quick tries and errors with no VBS reload time
- No runtime license for any deployed scenario built with vsTASKER
- Avoiding the VBS script debugger makes building complex scenarios simpler
- Easy mix of VBS AI and custom designed vsTASKER doctrines
- Several modes to drive VBS entities from vsTASKER